Please note: the address of this website has changed and the old beermad.org.uk domain will soon cease to exist. Please amend your bookmarks as appropriate.
Information on this page is as was understood to be correct in or about 2017. It may have changed since as this database is no longer maintained.
Founded 1898 when two local brewers merged. Brewery closed 1998.
Described by the first edition of the Good Beer Guide as 'A disaster.'
16 Real Ales recorded
(plus 2 aliases)
- 3X Mild (og 1033)
- Bishop's Tipple 6.5%
- Dark Mild (og 1036)
- Deacon 5%
- Druid's Draught (og 1039)
- GBH (og 1047) (AKA Godson's Black Horse)
- Godson's Black Horse (og 1047) (AKA GBH)
- Godson's Draught Excluder (og 1066)
- Malt & Hops Bitter 3.6% (AKA Wiltshire Traditional Bitter)
- Overlord 3.6% Brewed for D Day.
- Porter (og 1050)
- Premium Bitter 4.2%
- Salisbury Best Bitter 4.1% (brewed at Usher's)
- Timothy Chudley Local Line Bitter 3.6%
- Wake Ale 5%
- Wiltshire Bitter 3.8% (brewed at Usher's)
- Wiltshire Traditional 3.5% (brewed at Usher's)
- Wiltshire Traditional Bitter 3.6% (AKA Malt & Hops Bitter)