Please note: the address of this website has changed and the old beermad.org.uk domain will soon cease to exist. Please amend your bookmarks as appropriate.
Information on this page is as was understood to be correct in or about 2017. It may have changed since as this database is no longer maintained.
Sunderland, Tyne & Wear
Founded 1837, closed 1999.The beer sold as Vaux Mild was actually Ward's.
Reported by the first edition of the Good Beer Guide as 'Rapidly going over to pressure.'
23 Real Ales recorded
- 101 Special 5% (brewed at Ward's)
- 80/- Scotch Ale (og 1036)
- Bitter 3.9%
- Boxing Hare 4.7%
- Brew 101 5%
- Cathedral 900 Special
- Double Maxim 4.2%
- Durham Cathedral Ale 5%
- Extra Special Bitter 5% (brewed at Ward's)
- How's Your Father 4.3%
- Judge Huffcap 5%
- Lambton's 3.8%
- Lorimer's Best Scotch 3.6%
- Moonlight Mouse Autumn Ale 4.7%
- Pale Ale (og 1030.5)
- Regal (og 1044)
- Samson 4.1%
- St Nicholas's Winter Tipple 6%
- St Nicholas's Xmas Ale 5%
- Sunderland Draught Bitter (og 1040)
- Thomas Elwen 6.5%
- Waggle Dance 5% (brewed at Ward's)
- Wear Best 3.9%